27/10/2013

Pumpkin Power-Masks



It’s the build-up to Halloween, a seasonal event that I’m never really that excited for. One thing I do love to get involved in is the pumpkin carving, in the past I've created some pretty amazing designs. Pumpkins are not just great for carving and eating, (Pumpkin Pie mmm,) but also are extremely beneficial for your skin, perfect for making into face masks.

Pumpkin is high in Vitamin A (skin healing), C (anti-oxidant) and Zinc, the pumpkin soothes, moisturizes and acts as a carrier, allowing any other ingredients in the mask to really penetrate the skin. It is great for all skin types, especially environmentally damaged or sensitive skin. I decided to create 3 different masks one for dry skin, one for oily skin and one glowing face mask which can be used on all skin types!!

Pumpkin face mask for oily skin: Canned pumpkin, (check that pumpkin is the only ingredient), 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar, (tonic action promotes skin circulation; alpha hydroxyl acid; regulates pH,) and lastly sugar (to help remove dead skin and unclog the pores.)
Face mask for oily skin

Hydrating Pumpkin facemask: Canned pumpkin, (check that pumpkin is the only ingredient), half an avocado, (contains rich source of several essential nutrients that relive and moisturize your skin), and coconut oil, (fatty acids in the oil can strengthen the skin's barrier to lock in moisture.)
Hydrating face mask
Glowing Pumpkin Face Mask: Canned pumpkin (check that pumpkin is the only ingredient), Egg whites of 1 egg, (brightens the skin,)one-quarter teaspoon milk, (or soymilk)(alpha hydroxyl acid, enzymes digest skin cells) and pumpkin seeds (for decoration.)
Glowing face mask

I used a third of a can of pumpkin for each mask and had a lot left over.  You could refrigerate any leftovers and use them as morning masks to wake up the skin with a burst of coldness, (help settle puffy skin.) Important to note that the mask was hard to apply, but once on stayed on well,(perhaps you could use a paint brush and paint it on.) Also you can use the pumpkin which is leftover from your carving session, to create these masks, simply blend the inwards of the pumpkin and add the other ingredients.
God, I look good, ha!
I only applied the mask for my skin type which is oily. I left the mask on for 30 minutes, to allow it to work its magic!! I have to say the result was surprisingly good, my skin felt fresh and cleansed but most importantly in the morning my skin had improved, noticeably less oil and fewer spots and masks! I normally favour products over natural ingredients, but after this experience I think I’m going to incorporate more natural home remedies into my skincare routine.  



Try these masks out and let me know what you think!!
Do you use natural home remedies in your skincare routine?

If you have any questions on these pumpkin masks, or anything else, please let me know by commenting below!

2 comments:

  1. How cool! And cute! ^^

    http://lovelifelovefashion.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thanks Aurelie!
    Lets connect through GFC and Bloglovin?
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question do feel free to contact me via Twitter @helpmakemebeauiful or drop me an email at durranthayley@yahoo.com

Thank you!